From: Pat Ballew (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 15, 2000 at 01:14:47
Subject: Re: Bulletin boards

I am not an expert on bulletin boards but I like to have some of each of these on mine.. challenge problems, I use old AMC problems but POW's from math forum are easy to obtain to start and lots more sources are available on the net.. History notes (famous people or ideas of mathematics as we study them, you can find lots of short biographical clips on the St Andrews math site. http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/history/ roots of math term (a personal hobby which my students indulge), http://www.geocities.com/poetsoutback/etyindex.html jokes (not funny, which my students also indulge) you can find a few links on the net, and some good books are out there, but just start making a copy of every good one you find, 99% of them will still be funny ten years from now. Good luck, hope some of this helps. -Pat Ballew, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/