From: J.D.M.
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 08, 2000 at 10:25:48
Subject: Dividing by zero

Dear Fellow Teachers,

I am a first year Algebra Instructor.  One of my students told me since
division by zero is undefined the answer is part of the null set.  I told
him by definition the process was undefined and therefore we did not know
where to place any solution because no solution exists because the process
doesn't exist.  He said his Algebra instructor last year told him the null
set was part of the solution.  I need an answer by 2.00 p.m. this afternoon
if possible.  Thank you.

JDM

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question