Q&A #3893

Dividing by zero

View entire discussion

From: J.D.M.
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 08, 2000 at 10:25:48
Subject: Dividing by zero

Dear Fellow Teachers, I am a first year Algebra Instructor. One of my students told me since division by zero is undefined the answer is part of the null set. I told him by definition the process was undefined and therefore we did not know where to place any solution because no solution exists because the process doesn't exist. He said his Algebra instructor last year told him the null set was part of the solution. I need an answer by 2.00 p.m. this afternoon if possible. Thank you. JDM

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®