From: Joshua (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Aug 28, 2000 at 12:38:05
Subject: Re: Bulletin Boards

For the statistics component of the course, the famous statistical graphic of Napoleon's march on Russia is excellent. It is so simple that students need a little help to appreciate how wonderful it is; it shows them that there is more to displaying information than stem-and-leaf, histograms, and so on. I tend to decorate my classroom with things *I* like, even if they're only vaguely math-related. For instance, I put up a lunar calendar, showing the phase of the moon each day of the year and exact times for new and full moons. I put up a poster of bubbles from the Exploratorium. And I put up a calendar, usually with a nonmathematical theme (Dali was my most recent), and use it to remind students of test and major project due dates. If you do any projects, students might produce some stuff that looks good on your bulletin board too! -Joshua, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/