From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 15, 2000 at 08:59:58
Subject: Re: Factoring pairs and factorization

Dear Karen, I always think of factoring as involving rectangles and/or squares. See: Understanding Factoring through Geometry http://mathforum.org/alejandre/factor1.html and when I think of how that would apply to Social Studies all I can think of is land use and farming or city planning. I'm not sure what grade level you are teaching and so I'm not sure if this would fit for your curriculum but it might. As far as Language Arts, using the writing process with students might be an idea that is general but is useful. I hope this helps. -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/