Q&A #482

Teaching math in a traditional 7 period day

View entire discussion

From: David Painter
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Aug 11, 1998 at 17:38:16
Subject: Teaching math in a traditional 7 period day

For the past two years as a middle school math teacher (7th & 8th grades) our school was following the block schedule of one hour thirty-five minutes per period. This year we are going back to the traditional 7 period day and our periods will be about 53 minutes in length. I'm looking for any suggestions on how to structure and use my time wisely with this type of schedule as I have never taught on a traditional schedule before.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®