Q&A #4987

Equity issues in math classrooms

View entire discussion

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 01, 2000 at 10:28:32
Subject: Re: Equity issues in math classrooms

Hi Becky,

There is an organization called, EMELI (Equity in Mathematics Education
Leadership Institute). Their web page is located at:

EMELI looks at equity issues of all kinds:  socio-economic, gender, ethnic,
culture, class, age.  I believe you'll find this group very helpful.

The principle investigator is Julian Weissglass, a professor at the
University of California, Santa Barbara.  If you click on "The People
Involved,"  you'll get his bio and his email address.  I am pretty sure he
can be very helpful to your project.

-Jeanne, for the T2T service

Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.com/t2t/

Post a public discussion message