Q&A #4987

Equity issues in math classrooms

View entire discussion

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 01, 2000 at 10:28:32
Subject: Re: Equity issues in math classrooms

Hi Becky, There is an organization called, EMELI (Equity in Mathematics Education Leadership Institute). Their web page is located at: http://www.math.ucsb.edu/EMELI/ EMELI looks at equity issues of all kinds: socio-economic, gender, ethnic, culture, class, age. I believe you'll find this group very helpful. The principle investigator is Julian Weissglass, a professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. If you click on "The People Involved," you'll get his bio and his email address. I am pretty sure he can be very helpful to your project. -Jeanne, for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.com/t2t/

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®