From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 01, 1998 at 19:55:02
Subject: Re: Teaching basic math

It is possible for him to have a learning disability in just one area.
If you trust the tutor's judgement, then you probably don't need to
consider having him tested.

I personally do not think timed testing is a good thing.  (I am an elementary
teacher, by the way, and have been for a good many years.)  I think some
children (and adults, if the truth be told) do not show a true score on
them because of test anxiety.  You could be correct that he is mixing up the
facts in his rush to finish.  Have you tried talking to the teacher about
his troubles?

 -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/