From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 01, 1998 at 19:55:02
Subject: Re: Teaching basic math

It is possible for him to have a learning disability in just one area. If you trust the tutor's judgement, then you probably don't need to consider having him tested. I personally do not think timed testing is a good thing. (I am an elementary teacher, by the way, and have been for a good many years.) I think some children (and adults, if the truth be told) do not show a true score on them because of test anxiety. You could be correct that he is mixing up the facts in his rush to finish. Have you tried talking to the teacher about his troubles? -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/