From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 19, 1998 at 22:07:17
Subject: Re: Club activities

I run a math club for elementary students (gr. 4 and 5) in my school, and one
of our first activities this year will be to measure the cafeteria, and the
tables, and find ways to rearrange them to be able to fit more tables without
too much crowding.  Our cafeteria doesn't have enough table to accomodate the
number of students who need to eat, so this activity will provide a real life
connection to mathematics.

Perhaps there are areas in your shcool that could be addressed in this way,
like scheduling, or use of space.

-Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question