From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 19, 1998 at 22:07:17
Subject: Re: Club activities

I run a math club for elementary students (gr. 4 and 5) in my school, and one of our first activities this year will be to measure the cafeteria, and the tables, and find ways to rearrange them to be able to fit more tables without too much crowding. Our cafeteria doesn't have enough table to accomodate the number of students who need to eat, so this activity will provide a real life connection to mathematics. Perhaps there are areas in your shcool that could be addressed in this way, like scheduling, or use of space. -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/