Q&A #5871

Math literature

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 06, 2001 at 08:14:35
Subject: Re: Math literature

Dear Tammy, I think this is such a good idea to find literature to use while studying mathematics. I've worked with Varnelle Moore, a kindergarten teacher, on putting some of her units on the Web and she always finds books to go with each lesson. She has a unit on measurement and even though it is geared for Pre K-2, you might find some of her literature links of interest. You will find it on the Web here: Varnelle Moore's Primary Math Activities http://mathforum.org/varnelle/ The other thing I thought was that perhaps there are sites on the Web that recommend literature. In searching I found these sites: Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site http://www.carolhurst.com/subjects/math/math.html Related Math Literature http://www.tiac.net/users/jams/index5.html Teaching Resource Center http://www.trcabc.com/Pages/mathmaterials.html The Literature Link: Math http://k12science.ati.stevens-tech.edu/bankstreet/mathbooks.html Math Literature (listed by math topic) http://www2.grand-forks.k12.nd.us/elemath/resources/literature.html -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®