Q&A #5871

Math literature

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 06, 2001 at 08:14:35
Subject: Re: Math literature

Dear Tammy,

I think this is such a good idea to find literature to use while studying
mathematics. I've worked with Varnelle Moore, a kindergarten teacher, on
putting some of her units on the Web and she always finds books to go with
each lesson. She has a unit on measurement and even though it is geared for
Pre K-2, you might find some of her literature links of interest. You will
find it on the Web here:

Varnelle Moore's Primary Math Activities

The other thing I thought was that perhaps there are sites on the Web that
recommend literature. In searching I found these sites:

Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site

Related Math Literature

Teaching Resource Center

The Literature Link: Math

Math Literature (listed by math topic)