From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 06, 2001 at 08:14:35
Subject: Re: Math literature

Dear Tammy,

I think this is such a good idea to find literature to use while studying
mathematics. I've worked with Varnelle Moore, a kindergarten teacher, on
putting some of her units on the Web and she always finds books to go with
each lesson. She has a unit on measurement and even though it is geared for
Pre K-2, you might find some of her literature links of interest. You will
find it on the Web here:

Varnelle Moore's Primary Math Activities
http://mathforum.org/varnelle/

The other thing I thought was that perhaps there are sites on the Web that
recommend literature. In searching I found these sites:

Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
http://www.carolhurst.com/subjects/math/math.html

Related Math Literature
http://www.tiac.net/users/jams/index5.html

Teaching Resource Center