Q&A #5900

Teaching Sequences and Series to 11th graders

View entire discussion

From: Anna Starks
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 05, 2001 at 15:27:20
Subject: Teaching Sequences and Series to 11th graders

How do I teach sequences to 11th graders who have never seen calculus before? I am a student teaching right now, and am expected to teach this section and have no idea where to start. This is a class called Functions, Statistics and Trigonometry. The problem is that sequences and series deal with calculus, and these students have never seen a limit before. Do you know of any sites that might be able to give me some activities to help these students understand these things? Thank You

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®