From: Anna Starks
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 05, 2001 at 15:27:20
Subject: Teaching Sequences and Series to 11th graders

How do I teach sequences to 11th graders who have never seen calculus before?
I am a student teaching right now, and am expected to teach this section and
have no idea where to start.  This is a class called Functions, Statistics
and Trigonometry.  The problem is that sequences and series deal with
calculus, and these students have never seen a limit before.
Do you know of any sites that might be able to give me some activities to
help these students understand these things?
Thank You

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/