From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 11, 2001 at 10:11:46
Subject: Re: Teaching an adult

Dear Stacy,

That is great that you have taken on this challenge. As you say, I think that
your experience with your friend will definitely help you with your daughter.
I have a few suggestions of resources that you might find useful. First I
would point you to the T2T FAQs:

http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/

There are several there that I think will have some good ideas for you
including:

  Algebra Help
  Learning to Multiply
  Preparing for Assessment
  Tricks for Learning Math
  Using Manipulatives

Another very good source of pre-algebra math topics would be here:

Teacher Lessons
http://shodor.org/interactivate/lessons/index.html

Student Activities
http://shodor.org/interactivate/activities/index.html

You might also find some of the middle school lessons that I wrote for mostly
7th graders helpful:

http://mathforum.org/alejandre

I hope some of these ideas are useful to you. Good luck!

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®