From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 11, 2001 at 10:11:46
Subject: Re: Teaching an adult

Dear Stacy, That is great that you have taken on this challenge. As you say, I think that your experience with your friend will definitely help you with your daughter. I have a few suggestions of resources that you might find useful. First I would point you to the T2T FAQs: http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/ There are several there that I think will have some good ideas for you including: Algebra Help Learning to Multiply Preparing for Assessment Tricks for Learning Math Using Manipulatives Another very good source of pre-algebra math topics would be here: Teacher Lessons http://shodor.org/interactivate/lessons/index.html Student Activities http://shodor.org/interactivate/activities/index.html You might also find some of the middle school lessons that I wrote for mostly 7th graders helpful: http://mathforum.org/alejandre I hope some of these ideas are useful to you. Good luck! -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/