From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 17, 2001 at 15:12:44
Subject: Re: Integrating math/literature

Hi Lisa,

I did a search of the Math Forum's library and found the following sites
which might be of use to you:

Using Children's Literature in Math and Science
http://www.enc.org/resources/records/full/0,1240,011706,00.shtm

Thinking Fountain Shapes Clusters
http://www.sci.mus.mn.us/sln/tf/nav/shapescluster.html

City Creek Press
http://www.citycreek.com/

Children's Literature in Mathematics
http://math.youngzones.org/literature.html

How to Use Children's Literature to Teach Mathematics
http://watt.enc.org/online/ENC2285/2285.html

And there are more...
You can do the same search for yourself by going to

http://mathforum.org/grepform.html

and typing in a search word. I used "literature."  You might want to try
"children's literature" for a more specific search.  (I didn't use "math and
literature" since the word "math" is in everything in the Forum's library.)

Hope this helps.
 -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question