From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 21, 2001 at 17:12:14
Subject: 2nd semester Calculus

I am an instructor at the Community College level and will be teaching
L'Hopital's rule next week.  My students tend to stare blankly as I give
proofs, so I am wondering if you could help me with an informal way of
convincing students that L'Hospital's rule actually makes sense.  Perhaps a
pictorial approach?  The students have learned an informal approach to
limits (no epsilon delta stuff) and are in 2nd semester Calculus.

Also, do you have any good real-world applications of L'Hopital's rule
(besides compounded interest).  Even if we couldn't really approach the
problems, maybe I could just mention that it is used by (insert profession
here) to calculate ???.

Thank you very much

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question