From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 21, 2001 at 17:12:14
Subject: 2nd semester Calculus

I am an instructor at the Community College level and will be teaching L'Hopital's rule next week. My students tend to stare blankly as I give proofs, so I am wondering if you could help me with an informal way of convincing students that L'Hospital's rule actually makes sense. Perhaps a pictorial approach? The students have learned an informal approach to limits (no epsilon delta stuff) and are in 2nd semester Calculus. Also, do you have any good real-world applications of L'Hopital's rule (besides compounded interest). Even if we couldn't really approach the problems, maybe I could just mention that it is used by (insert profession here) to calculate ???. Thank you very much

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/