From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 26, 2001 at 07:31:40
Subject: Re: 2nd semester Calculus

Dear Kerry,

Hopefully another T2T Associate will have an idea for your first question but
I found at least one use of L'Hospital's rule as part of a real-world
application. If you look at this page:

A Tutorial and Elementary Trajectory Model for the Differential Steering
System of Robot Wheel Actuators:
http://rossum.sourceforge.net/papers/DiffSteer/DiffSteer.html

down at the end of "The Derivation" you will see a reference to L'Hospital's
Rule. I'm afraid that everything else I found just explained symbolically how
to use the rule.

I hope you have luck in doing this!

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message