From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 22, 2001 at 14:29:08
Subject: Unit 7 of the Everyday Math Curriculum

Dear Sirs: This is my first year teaching second grade mathematics. I am presently teaching Unit seven of the Everyday Mathematics from the University of Chicago School of Mathematics Project. My question is... What are the TEKS covered in Unit seven of this math curriculum. I fail to see the importance (which I know there is) to teaching children some of the activities in this unit. For example, one of the lessons teaches kids how to jump around a 100's chart using arrows. First, they present it with filled boxed that are parts of the chart. Then, the workbook has them do a problem using arrows to get the number in a blank box. Some of the children can do it, but I was wondering the significance of this. How does it relate to one of the Math TEKS? Thank you for your time, Lydia Turner lydia.turner@lockhart.txed.net

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/