From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 25, 2001 at 15:26:24
Subject: Determination of a relation to a function

 Hi,  It's been 7 + years since I've used this particular math. (This isn't
my major)

Question:  Determine whether each relation is a function

Problem:  x + y^2 = 11

I know it's not a function but WHY? I know it has to do with the Y being
squared but I can't find anything in my textbook that explains
exactly why?  How do I teach this?

Any help you can give me will be appreciated.  Thanks

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/