Q&A #6018

Determination of a relation to a function

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 25, 2001 at 15:26:24
Subject: Determination of a relation to a function

Hi, It's been 7 + years since I've used this particular math. (This isn't my major) Question: Determine whether each relation is a function Problem: x + y^2 = 11 I know it's not a function but WHY? I know it has to do with the Y being squared but I can't find anything in my textbook that explains exactly why? How do I teach this? Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thanks

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®