Q&A #6084

Student with "careless" mistakes

View entire discussion

From: Gail Anderson <gailmarie@juno.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 05, 2001 at 13:34:10
Subject: Student with "careless" mistakes

I have a student whom I've been tutoring for 2 years. He really enjoys math, but finds it somewhat challenging. We are at a point now where he is understanding the material with extra help from his teacher and me, but he still loses so many points due to "careless" mistakes. I've stressed being careful, etc., with him for some time now, but I was wondering if there are other activities I can do with him to help him improve in this area. He is losing confidence because of his low test grades, but both his teacher and I agree that he understands the material in general. Is there anything a tutor can do to help a student with this type of mistake? It's not just on tests; he makes the errors on homework, and as I watch him work as well. Thanks.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®