From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 27, 2001 at 06:52:05
Subject: Re: Problem Solving

Actually, the best way I know to get better at problem solving is to do
lots of it...   but not all by yourself.  Find a friend, or a group of
friends, and share your solutions together.  You will learn that there are
many ways to approach a problem, and that sometimes there is more than one
solution.  Unfortunately there is no "easy way" to become a good problem
solver -- it takes hard work.?

You might also want to take a look at the Ask Dr. Math FAQ:

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.word.problems.html

and the Ask Dr. Math Archives on word problems for some of your "practicing"

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/tocs/wordproblem.elem.html
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/tocs/wordproblem.middle.html

I hope you will let us know about your progress...

 -Gail, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®