Q&A #6208

Problem solving

View entire discussion

From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 27, 2001 at 06:52:05
Subject: Re: Problem Solving

Actually, the best way I know to get better at problem solving is to do lots of it... but not all by yourself. Find a friend, or a group of friends, and share your solutions together. You will learn that there are many ways to approach a problem, and that sometimes there is more than one solution. Unfortunately there is no "easy way" to become a good problem solver -- it takes hard work.? You might also want to take a look at the Ask Dr. Math FAQ: http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.word.problems.html and the Ask Dr. Math Archives on word problems for some of your "practicing" http://mathforum.org/dr.math/tocs/wordproblem.elem.html http://mathforum.org/dr.math/tocs/wordproblem.middle.html I hope you will let us know about your progress... -Gail, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®