From: H. A. Mengers <hamengers@bmts.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 29, 2001 at 10:01:25
Subject: Trigonometry

After studying the basic trig ratios and the Sine and Cosine Laws, I would like to have my students present at a Trig Fair, showing where in real life, trigonometry is used, possibly every day. The focus is the trig behind the usage, for example; a carpenter need not know the trig that produces the numbers on his carpenter's square that give him/her the lengths of the jack rafters for a cottage style roof, they are printed right on the square. After an initial search of the net, students are frustrated and any that should have obvious connections, the sites do not show the trig or give sample problems. Any suggestions as to how to search? specific topics to search out? Comments welcomed!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/