From: Keith Urquhart <urquhartkeith@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 06, 2001 at 20:15:50
Subject: Calculator use

What is the US policy on the use of the calculator?
At what point do you allow its use in elementary/middle/high school?
Do you have restrictions for use in tests/exams?
Does each school have their own calculator policy?
Do you go as far as recommending a particular calculator for your students?
Does the school/education dept. sell calculators?
Does the school/education dept. have a deal with any calculator manufacturers?

I would be interested to know if these questions vary across different states/
countries.
I am at present in the UK.  I have also lived and worked in the Northern
Territory of Australia.

regards,
Keith

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®