From: Keith Urquhart <urquhartkeith@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 06, 2001 at 20:15:50
Subject: Calculator use

What is the US policy on the use of the calculator? At what point do you allow its use in elementary/middle/high school? Do you have restrictions for use in tests/exams? Does each school have their own calculator policy? Do you go as far as recommending a particular calculator for your students? Does the school/education dept. sell calculators? Does the school/education dept. have a deal with any calculator manufacturers? I would be interested to know if these questions vary across different states/ countries. I am at present in the UK. I have also lived and worked in the Northern Territory of Australia. regards, Keith

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/