Q&A #6295

Changing approaches

View entire discussion

From: Dan Burmeister
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 08, 2001 at 16:21:39
Subject: Changing approaches

For the last 8 years I have been working with my son using Saxon Math for homeschooling. As you know Saxon is very popular with the homeschooling community. It has become necessary to send my son to public school. He is over half complete with Saxon Algebra 1. When he took the public school's mid-term for Algebra 1 he got about a 50% on it. I was shocked. He has skipped a lot of problems because he didn't understand them. When I sat down with the head of the school district's math department and looked at the Glencoe Algebra 1 book, I could see that the material and approach were substantially different. I am trying to find a way to help my son make the transition without re-taking Algebra 1. HELP !!!!! I am looking for advice. I have to admit that I never thought things would be radically different, but was wrong.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®