From: Joshua (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 14, 2001 at 04:41:53
Subject: Re: Measuring arc length

Hi Pat,
Usually I use a piece of string.  I lay it out along the line,
and then straighten the string and measure it.

Sometimes it's easier to use something a bit stiffer, like a "twistie
tie" that you might use to close a plastic bag: it holds the shape
of the curved line a little bit better.

I hope those methods work for the type of situation you're looking at!

 -Joshua, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®