Q&A #6322

Measuring arc length

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Joshua (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 14, 2001 at 04:41:53
Subject: Re: Measuring arc length

Hi Pat, Usually I use a piece of string. I lay it out along the line, and then straighten the string and measure it. Sometimes it's easier to use something a bit stiffer, like a "twistie tie" that you might use to close a plastic bag: it holds the shape of the curved line a little bit better. I hope those methods work for the type of situation you're looking at! -Joshua, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®