Q&A #6384

Math labs in the classroom or math enrichment

View entire discussion

From: Lee Schwall <leecarol43@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 23, 2001 at 10:54:44
Subject: Math labs in the classroom or math enrichment

Can you suggest activities for the 5th and 6th grade classroom, or 6th grade only, that can enrich the teacher's verbal explanation? Computer programs, games, a particular book of problems or challenges? I.e. our teacher has no enrichment available to the children during classtime. Is it possible to offer quiet enrichment for kids who understand the concept being explained? My 6th grader has decided his favorite subject, math, is no longer his favorite but the most boring. His teacher insists that he work advanced word problems alone. He and I find these problems repetitive and unfulfilling. She does not understand this. Can you give me suggestions that have been proven succesful that I may offer her?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®