Q&A #6384

Math labs in the classroom or math enrichment

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 25, 2001 at 09:59:36
Subject: Re: Math labs in the classroom or math enrichment

Dear Lee, Besides the suggestions that other T2T Associates have given you so far I can suggest some ideas that your son could do on the computer if the teacher allowed it. Shodor Organization Project Interactivate http://shodor.org/interactivate/activities/index.html short description: These activities listed below are designed for either group or individual exploration into concepts from middle school mathematics. http://mathforum.org/alejandre/ This is a collection of lessons that I have written for my middle school students. Many of them have "student" pages and might be appropriate to do individually. For starters, I would suggest: Traffic Jam Activity http://mathforum.org/alejandre/frisbie/student.jam.html Link Pages Using Ask Dr. Math Archives http://mathforum.org/workshops/sum2000/link/ Tessellation Tutorials http://mathforum.org/sum95/suzanne/tess.intro.html Polyhedra in the Classroom http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/unit14.html -------- Another idea would be to work through any of the archived Math Forum Problems of the Week: http://mathforum.org/pow/ If your son does these it would be good to point out that he should go to "Print this Problem" first. If after working through the problems, he would like to read through a suggested solution or any other information, he could look through that part of the archives. So, for example, here is a Middle School Problem of the Week: http://mathforum.org/midpow/print_puzzler.ehtml?puzzle=102 (print version) http://mathforum.org/midpow/solutions/solution.ehtml?puzzle=102 (archived version) I hope some of those ideas are useful. -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®