From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 02, 2001 at 08:51:12
Subject: Re: Textbook for Consumer Math

Dear Mike,

I have no first-hand experience teaching Consumer Math but I thought perhaps I
could look for suggestions for you on the Web. Please realize that I cannot
provide a recommendation but rather these are just suggestions to consider.

The teacher who made this Consumer Math course page:
http://www2.kasd.org/hs/teachers/deptsite/Consumer%20Math.htm
is using:  Mathematics with Business Applications by Glencoe/McGraw-Hill,
1998.

This teacher is supplementing with this Web page that I thought you might find
interesting:
http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/fil/pages/samconsumermr.html

This posting:
http://noir.usd458.k12.ks.us/busConsumerMath/venema/text
refers to this textbook:  "Applied Business Mathematics," by Schultheis and
Kaczmarski, South-Western Publishing Company Copyright 1997

Perhaps other T2T Associates will have some more ideas.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®