From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 21, 1998 at 21:18:47
Subject: Re: Textbook recommendations for honors analysis class

D. C. Heath has a book, called  "Mathematics and its Applications". Though a
1987 book, it has wonderful applications. I actually ordered a set to teach a
problem solving class I had at one time. Now I use it as a great resource.

Chapter titles: Set, Graphs...RNA chains (Eulerian Paths), Trees, Counting,
Probability, Relations and Functions, Math of Finance, Difference Equations,
Linear Programming. Matrices (Markov chains..Leontief Models), Linear P.
Simplex Algorithm, and Game Theory. As far as I remember it does not have
vectors!

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/