From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 25, 1998 at 19:30:23
Subject: Re: Homework as an assessment tool

I agree with the answer sent to you from Gail. You are not at all sure that what is seen as homework has been done solely by the student. However, if you wish to see if the student has learned from the assignment, you could give a short quiz after the homework was handed in. The quiz should have a few different but similar exercises or problems from the homework. This quiz could assess whether or not the student learned from the activity. I tend to look at homework as something that I correct but do not grade. I record a check, a plus or minus or zero! The check is that it is done, the plus means done well and the minus means done poorly. The zero means not done at all. -Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/