From: Nyna <nyna@mcqueeny.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 24, 2002 at 22:41:31
Subject: Re: need specific problems from a specific textbook

>>I am trying to help a neighbor's 16 year old. He is very bright, but
>>failing HS due to a multitude of reasons. I am trying to function as his
>>tutor/mentor. I am not a professional tutor. His Algebra II teacher has
>>been kind enough to allow him to retake several tests he miserably failed.
>>The first make up test is tomorrow. Of course, he "forgot" his textbook in
>>his school locker, to which he does not have access this fine Sunday
>>afternoon. I have signed up for hotmath.com to check his work. However, it
>>doesn't (or I can't seem to figure how)give the problem, just the
>>solution. Does anyone know where I can get the actual problems? I have had
>>him call every kid for whom he has a phone number and none of them brought
>>home their textbooks, purportedly. I don't want him to think he can weasel
>>out of his work so easily with me. I also want to teach him that if he
>>applies himself, solutions can be found to problems such as "getting
>>around the fact" he forgot his textbook. BTW, he uses Title: Algebra 2: An
>>Integrated Approach, Author: Larson, et al Publisher: Heath McDougal
>>Littell
>
>Hi Nyna,
>
>Upon Claudia's suggestion I did a search on the web and found the following
>lessons from that book online:
>
>LARSON ALGEBRA 2 CHAPTER 1, LESSON 6
>http://www.classzone.com/larson2000/algebra2_demo/common/chapter1/pdfs/2_01_6
>.pdf
>
>LARSON ALGEBRA 2 CHAPTER 1, LESSON 7
>http://www.classzone.com/larson2000/algebra2_demo/common/chapter1/pdfs/2_01_7
>.pdf
>
>I doubt that any of these lessons are what you're looking for but here they
>are anyway. For future, I suggest, you ask the Algebra II teacher for an
>extra copy of the textbook (to borrow) for your use.  This way you don't have
>to rely on the student.
>
> -Roya Salehi, for the T2T service
>

>Thanks for visiting our on-line community.
>Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I did do a search on the web that led to the
publisher's site, where I found an online Algebra I book. Although its a great
idea, it obviously didn't solve my problem. And I appreciate you taking the
time to search. You're right, those weren't the lessons I needed. (I did get
excited for a minute, though, because I needed Chapters 6 & 7, and your "find"
was for lessons 6 & 7, but the wrong chapter!)Thank you for the effort, though!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/