From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 20, 1998 at 21:00:32
Subject: Re: Expanded form

I have a set of cards (actually long strips) that show the place values for
all the digits. For example, there is a red set that just has the digits 0
through 9. Then there is a green set that has 10 through 90, and a purple
set of 100 through 900, and a blue set of 1000 through 9000, etc.  When I
want to build a number using them, I can stack them to show only the first
digit, so 2000 + 300 + 50 + 8 looks like 2358, but when I separate all the
cards, I can see what the place values really are.

 -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®