Q&A #828

Telling time to half- and quarter-hours

View entire discussion

From: <fishnet@injersey.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 20, 1998 at 21:39:47
Subject: Telling time to half- and quarter-hours

I am student teaching 2nd/3rd grade learning disabled kids in a self contained class. All approaches I've researched in teacher's manuals for the regular ed population are not enough for these kids to really get the concept of 1/2 & 1/4 to/past the hour. I need a way to explain and use higher level questioning to drive this concept home. My cooperating teacher has suggested a tie in with "The Grouchy Ladybug", by Eric Carle. I need help knowing how to pull it all together in the culminating activity that will bring it all into focus for these students. Any help would be appreciated.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®