From: <CAwiese1@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 23, 1998 at 15:45:38
Subject: Definition of a kite

My official definition "in the book" for kite is as follows, "A kite is a
quadrilateral in which two disjoint pairs of consecutive sides are
congruent."  This leads students to believe that a rhombus would not be
considered a kite.  Is this correct?  I thought a rhombus was a kite.  Do I
need to include the word disjoint in my definition.  Thanks for the help!!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/