Q&A #838

Definition of a kite

View entire discussion

From: <CAwiese1@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 23, 1998 at 15:45:38
Subject: Definition of a kite

My official definition "in the book" for kite is as follows, "A kite is a quadrilateral in which two disjoint pairs of consecutive sides are congruent." This leads students to believe that a rhombus would not be considered a kite. Is this correct? I thought a rhombus was a kite. Do I need to include the word disjoint in my definition. Thanks for the help!!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®