From: Laura Batt <laura_batt@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 11, 2002 at 10:15:57
Subject: Importance of Parental Support with Math

I am currently studying to become a teacher. I am involved in a math course for my class at St. Thomas University where I am writing a research paper on the importance of establishing the relationship between the parent participation and student achievement. My question are: How can teachers support parents in doing math with their children in an engaging and productive way instead of giving the child more work to do? What is the importance of parents becoming involved? Does this help the students? What kind of results happen? Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. Sincerely, Laura Batt

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/