Thank You Teacher2Teacher! (T2T®)

From: J.A.
Subject: Re: basic math for handicapped student

Dear Marielouise,
Your response and effort in this matter is very much appreciated. I'm amazed someone would go to so much trouble to help a stranger. You are a wonderful and caring person! I will send a print-out of this e-mail directly to his parents!
Thanks again, J.A.
(former math teacher turned private math tutor, Salt Lake City)

From: G.B.
Subject: Re: Just can't find a Number Balance!!!

Hi There,
I thank you very much for taking the time to offer such a practical solution to my problem. What a terrific idea!
Gratefully,
Mrs B.

From: M.J.
Subject: Re: need info on certain people dealing with quadratics

Thanks for getting back to me so fast! I really appreciate it! Thanks again!

M.J.

From: M.H.
Subject: Re: Math Month

Suzanne A.
Thank you very much for helping out a "net" rookie like myself. I will look into it for sure. I just started teaching math at lake Travis Middle School, so I will ask my colleagues any "net" related questions.
Thanks again.

From: A.F.
Subject: Re: Review games

Wow! Thank you so much, these are great ideas! I really appreciate your quick feedback. Keep up the great work.
-A.F.

From: B.P.
Subject: Re: Homeschooling Math

TO: CLAUDIA & SUZANNE A.

I can't thank you enough for your help -- and your comments re Saxon Math. I'm working with both your suggestions re the internet sources and Claudia's re the book publisher in Illinois (whose name escapes me at the moment).

Suzanne, it was so nice to hear that you homeschooled your children and that they are now attending college. I do feel confident that I am doing the right thing -- it certainly makes for a happy child.

Since public schools in Kenosha are absolutely horrible, sending Scott to a public school is out of the question. The ones you and your husband are teaching at now are fortunate to have both of you since I feel that homeschooling parents have grips on what a good education should be/have.

THANKS AGAIN!! -- both of you.

B.P.

From: T.S.
Subject: Re: Math Journals

Thank you for all the information!!!! I am headed to the library to check out some of the articles. The web-sites you showed me were of help too! Wish me luck on my paper! T.S.

From: M.R.
Subject: Thank you

I want to thank Gail for her suggestions to my question about teaching division. As a student teacher it is encouraging to know that your service is available to help inexperienced teachers like myself. Your help is very much appreciated.

From: S.M.
Subject: Re: Commission earnings-

Hi Marielousie, Thank you very much! Your advice was very helpful! I hope this class turns out to be a grand success!--greatly appreciated, S.M.

From: R.R.
Subject: Re: Sequencing

Thank you -- it worked great -- they are doing the problems now and I only have one student who still doesn't have the hang of it, but he is working with a chart and with practice and flash cards, he will be fine. I am sure that I will be emailing you again and I am very grateful that you are here for me, as this is my first year in elementary school, when I am lost. R.R.

From: F.B.
Subject: Re: Mathematics

Gail, I do not know who you are but I am so grateful that you have given me so much to begin looking through--when I get this unit of planning completed I will be glad to share with you. Again, thanks ever so much. It is nice to know that there is someone out there to help.

From: S.R.
Subject: Re: Statistical topics explained in simplified form

Marielouise, Thank you very much for the additional information that you were kind enough to send to me. It's a great idea, and I'm going to research the book. I welcome any additional ideas which you may have. Again...Thank you. S.R.

From: V.V.
Subject: Re: Math Technique, Touch Dot

Gail, Thank you, thank you, thank you for the information. I will contact the company and attempt to order the books you suggested. You're a life saver. Thanks, V.V.

From: P.A.
Subject: Re: Geometry Textbook

To Murrel and Roya, Thanks immensely for your inputs on DG.(I'm getting so comfortable with it I'm calling it by its nickname!) I'm going to share your insights with my students. They still are not really convinced that they can do this all on their own .... sans lectures. So far the work/investigative groups have been developing conjectures (SSS,SAS and ASA)that we already "proofed" in the "2-column era" before we switched to DG last November. Now they're saying "Is that what those proofs were all about?" Again, thanks. I'm truly grateful.

From: C.K.
Subject: Memo: Thank you for Marielouise and Claudia

Thank you very much for your reply and so prompt. I am at wits end trying to work with schools concerning my son's education. I am following up on the info you gave me. I am also saving a copy of your response to show Gabe's principle with other info I have gathered to help validate my own research. Thanks again, C.K.

From: A.K.L.
Subject: Your AMAZING site! I love your site! Just love it!

I'm a third year Mathematics/Education student at University of Waterloo, in Ontario Canada, and when our club (Teaching Students Association) found out about your site, we were overcome with joy! What an amazing site you have! We've all found great information for our essays for our Mathematics History class, and also help for our last assignment on proving the Pythagorean Triple formulas. Furthermore, we're completely excited about your teacher section for when we are on our teaching work terms! Now we can get answers to questions the students ask that we have trouble answering, and also some great teaching ideas for difficult concepts! I'm going to tell all my teaching student friends about it, and my regular math friends, and we'll use it on our upcoming work terms, and when we're finally done school and teaching on our own! Thank you for such a great site!

A.K.L.

From: J.F.
Subject: Re: Pascal's triangle

Thanks for the suggestion, we are going to try it now. They are reading this email over my shoulder as I write this. There are few secrets in this room. I told you they were smarter than the average BEAR! Thanks for a quick response. J.F.

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/