I Noticed, I Wondered, Now What?
Monday, December 6, 2010
Max Ray, The Math Forum @ Drexel
- Problem solving and critical thinking in our K-12 classrooms, continued.
- Problem: Lillian's Lines
- scenario only
- Developing Strategies
- What problem-solving strategies do students already have? How do they get better at specific strategies? How do they get better at choosing strategies?
- Group Work
- Group Presentations
- Tell the story of your problem solving: What did you try? How did you check that you were on the right track? What didn't work? What did work? What do you want to do differently next time?
- Our Mathematics and/or Science Classrooms
- How can these ideas be applied to problems and/or activities we are already using in our K-12 classrooms?
- Strategy Resources
- Problem Solving and Communication Activity Series
Understand the Problem
Guess and Check
Solve a Simpler Problem
Make a Table
- Contact Information
© 1994- Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.