- To develop elementary math projects including preparing sets of data for students to work on, setting up the Elementary Problem of the Week for next year, writing lesson plans for the Web, and other student projects.
- Peter Appelbaum produced a set of lesson plans on Rhythms & Ratios. Here's an announcement and invitation to participate from Peter.
Names Data Collection, developed by Gail Lauinger for her project of collecting data on common last names in the US.
Tom Scavo's Math Lessons, developed during and after the Institute, are now featured in Forum Web Units. Tangrams is a unit for grades 4 through 6 that uses tangrams to compute the area of polygons without employing formulas. "Adventures in Statistics" is a preprint of a paper to appear in Teaching Children Mathematics which describes a mathematics project involving fifth grade students and the area of classrooms, including measurement, graphing, computation, data analysis, and presentation of results.
- Discussion related to the development of this topic has taken place on the geometry.institutes newsgroup; for a record of postings, please see the
Working Group Discussion Archive.
Further communication is encouraged, either by way of posting to geometry.institutes, or sending email to the individuals listed below.
- Peter Appelbaum - email@example.com - onsite
- Gail Lauinger - firstname.lastname@example.org - onsite
- Tom Scavo - email@example.com - onsite
- Cindy Chapman - firstname.lastname@example.org - online
- Edith M. Kort - email@example.com - online
- Kevin Maguire - K.Maguire@Latrobe.edu.au or firstname.lastname@example.org - online
- Joanna Yantosh - email@example.com - online
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help