Math Forum @ Drexel
The Philadelphia School
3:40 pm to 5:20 pm, Wednesday, April 27, 2005
- explain all the steps taken to solve the problem
- explain the steps in such a way that a fellow student would understand, and make an effort to check formatting, vocabulary, and spelling
- check the answer, reflect on its reasonableness, summarize the process, and connect it to prior knowledge and experience
- Current Problem
- new problem every other week
- Active Problem Library
- Math Fundamentals
Ways to Use PoWs
- supplement the core curriculum
- extra credit
- component of the core curriculum
- aligned to math topics
Sheila and Chris will share the experiences they've had with mentoring.
Some Specific Topics to Explore
- parts of wholes
- 2755: Catching Up!
- Parts of Wholes (full list)
- Miracle Miranda and the Mascot
- Statistics and Data Analysis (full list)
- algebraic reasoning
- 3055: Birthday Trip
- Algebraic Reasoning (full list)
Send comments/questions to
© 1994- Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.