Why use electronic Math Tools?
- They help bridge the connections among different modes
of representation — concrete/pictorial/symbolic.
- There is an unlimited supply.
- They are easy to distribute and manage.
- You can often make quick changes among materials/representations.
- Only a web browser and Internet are required –
no installation, CDs, compatibility issues!
- Students may find them to be more engaging that traditional
- Printed versions of student work can be sent home for
parents and/or included in portfolios.
- They are accessible anytime/anywhere (home, library)
– equity of access.
- They often can be manipulated even more flexibly than
© 1994-2007 The Math Forum